We’ve always said Mortgage 1 has the best loan officers in Michigan. Now it’s confirmed.
Eleven Mortgage 1 loan officers were recognized recently by the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) as “top producers” for 2019 for the MI Home Loan program. Top Loan Officer status is determined by the annual mortgage production per region.
The 11 Mortgage 1 honorees, in alphabetical order, are:
• Steve Caldwell
• Dawn Conners (Symington)
• Scott DeWolf
• Dan Grzywacz
• Amy Hendrickson
• Dave Lehner
• Joseph Migliaccio
• Scott Reilly
• Lisa Whitman
• Michelle Wilson
• Hayley Woodworth
Mortgage 1 had the largest contingent of MI Loan top producers among all lenders in the state. Mortgage 1 was the MSHDA’s top overall lender for 2019 and has been MSHDA’s number one lender each year since 2013 — seven straight years!
“When it comes to helping first-time home buyers, we like to think we are the best. This recognition proves it. Mortgage 1 has been Michigan’s top MSHDA lender for seven-straight years now. It is something we pride ourselves on. These 11 loan officers deserve the individual accolades they earned. They exemplify everything we strive for every day,” says Mortgage 1 CEO Mark Workens.
Each of the honorees will be listed on a special MSHDA web page and will be able to display an icon on their website, on social media and in email that recognizes them as a top MSHDA lender for 2019. They will also receive certificates and plaques signed by the Governor.
The MI Home Loan program is a mortgage product that is available to first-time homebuyers state-wide and repeat homebuyers in targeted areas. All homebuyers work directly with a participating lender.
MSHDA program features and eligibility requirements include:
• Available for credit scores as low as 640
• The alternative credit review is available for some borrowers who have no credit score
• The minimum down payment is 3% and down payment assistance is available
• Available to first-timers as well as repeat home buyers in economically disadvantaged target areas
• You have your choice of conventional, FHA, VA or USDA loans
• The home has to be your primary residence
• The home sale price limit is $224,500
• There are income limits that vary by location
• The overall debt-to-income ratio of 45% or less
• Borrowers must attend a homebuyer education course if you receive down payment assistance
• Borrowers have to contribute at least 1% of the loan amount.
To locate a Mortgage 1 loan officer near you, visit our Find a Mortgage 1 Loan Officer page.